Whether you are thinking of buying a home or are already in the process, here are the steps in the process.
- Select a Real Estate Professional- Selecting a Real Estate Professional to assist you with the home buying process is VERY important. Because buying a home is one of the largest and most important purchases you will make in your lifetime you should always consult a real estate professional to assist you. Our sales associates have the expertise, experience and education to help you make good, sound home purchasing decisions. You will work together to find the right home. Your sales associate will notify you when new properties come on the market. He/She can schedule showings, advise you on the real estate process, help you write offers, negotiate terms and coordinate inspections.
- Get Pre-Approved/Apply for a Loan- It's important to get a loan officer to pre-approve your mortgage before you start house hunting. A pre-approval is a guarantee that you can qualify for financing to a maximum purchase price and loan amount. This means you can write a stronger purchase offer. In a competitive market, this could mean the difference between acceptance of your offer rather than another buyer's offer. When you apply for a loan, be sure to get a good faith estimate of your closing costs.
- Find the Right Home- Search the Internet for property available for sale.Our web site features properties available for sale throughout the south, click here to begin your search.You and your Real Estate Agent will search for homes together. Your agent can guide you to the areas you like best. Have fun looking and shopping.
- Make an Offer- Once you've found the right home, it's time to write an offer to purchase. Writing the offer is an exciting, emotional and complicated experience. You'll be glad you have an experienced Crye-Leike Sales Associate at your side to help you through the process.
- Order a Home Inspection- A professional home inspection is essential. A professional home inspector sees beyond the cosmetics and surveys the entire house, including structure, roof, exterior and major systems (heating, plumbing, cooling, electrical, ventilation, etc.).
- Quote Homeowner's Insurance- In order to close on your new home you will need to have homeowner's insurance. If you purchase a property with a mortgage, your insurance payments will be included as a part of your escrow account.
- Attend Closing Day- Congratulations, you will soon become a homeowner! Crye-Leike's full service continues right through the closing day. At the closing, you will settle all the financial details, the title to your new home will be conveyed and usually you will receive the keys to your new home.
- Move In- It's time to actually move in and enjoy your new home. Remember to notifiy the post office of change or address.
Congratulations! You did it!