How to Get Started in a Real Estate Career
Entry into the real estate profession takes preparation. As with other professions, licensing is required. Licensing requirements vary from state-to-state, but all require applicants to pass a written exam. There are also requirements for certain types of education classes that you must take. Most states require both pre and post licensing education.
Here are the steps to get started in real estate
- Contact the real estate commission in your state to determine the exact requirements for licensure.
- Complete the Pre-Licensing education requirements through an approved real estate school.
Find Pre-Licensing Classes.
- Take and pass the state real estate exam.
- Complete the Post-Licensing education requirements through an approved real estate school.
Find Post-Licensing Classes.
- Interview your local Crye-Leike broker. Find an Office Near You.
- Join a Crye-Leike office and order E&O Insurance through Crye-Leike.
- Apply to the state real estate commission for your license. Send in certificates, proof of E&O coverage, and any other necessary documentation .
- Once you receive your real estate license, join the local board of realtors.
- Get in the swing of things - attend Crye-Leike College and weekly sales meetings. Complete "The BluePrint for Success" step-by-step plan we have for new associates.
Interested in joining the Crye-Leike family?
Contact us to discuss your real estate career and how we can help.Contact us