History of Crye-Leike
The Crye-Leike Story - The First 15 Years...
Harold Crye and Dick Leike established Crye-Leike, Realtors in January 1977 in Memphis, Tennessee. Crye-Leike became the largest firm in Memphis within 3 years. In 1992 Crye-Leike expanded operations into Nashville. Within one year, Crye-Leike became the largest real estate firm in Middle TN.
Milestone: Over a Billion in Sales
In 1993, Crye-Leike surpassed the $1 billion mark with total sales volume for the year at $1.01 billion. Then in 1998 Crye-Leike surpassed the $2 billion mark with $2.5 billion in sales volume and one year later sales hit over the $3 billion mark at $3.02 billion. The year was 1999 and Crye-Leike was declared the 10th largest real estate company in the nation.
- In 1997 Crye-Leike expanded into East Tennessee in the Greater Chattanooga area. Within 4 years, Crye-Leike became the #1 in the market with the highest number of closed transactions, and with agent growth and sales volume more than tripling.
- In 1999 Crye-Leike expanded regional operations in East Tennessee by opening a branch office in Johnson City. That same year the company also expanded into Arkansas with a branch office in Jonesboro.
- In 2002 Crye-Leike celebrated its 25th anniversary and had a record performance of $3.17 billion in year-end sales volume, the highest in company history. That year also saw expansions into Kentucky, Florida, and Little Rock.
- In 2005 Crye-Leike entered Alabama. In Arkansas Crye-Leike moved in ranking from No. 4 to No. 2, as the 2nd largest real estate firm in Arkansas as ranked by Arkansas Business magazine.
- In 2006 Crye-Leike had its best year ever reaching $6.1 Billion in sales, a 9% increase over the year before. Crye-Leike was also ranked as the 4th largest real estate company in the nation and #1 in Tennessee, Arkansas and the Mid-South.
- In 2007, despite a housing market slow-down, Crye-Leike saw it's 3rd best sales years on record with $5.7 Billion in volume and more than 32,500 closed units. The company continued expansions into Northwest Arkansas and Atlanta, Georgia.
Our Story Part 1
Our Story Part 2
Our Story Part 3
- Our System
- Top 10 Reasons
- Franchise Locations
- Online Request